About Me

My Photo
Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts
NYC, New York, United States
Owner and Head Cake Designer of Avenue Z Desserts, a custom cake and confections boutique in NYC.
View my complete profile
Photos, Original Recipes & Text © Avenue Z Desserts 2010, unless otherwise indicated. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket
Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cheesecake Pops


This months Daring Baker challenge was Cheesecake Pops chosen by Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms and Deborah of Taste and Tell.

I have to admit that when I first found out this months challenge, I was intrigued.  Then i saw the pictures and i was super excited.  Immediately i started thinking of all the decorating possibilities, which seemed to be endless.  Plus i love cheesecake!  I couldn't wait!

I halved the recipe, I felt that this was very necessary since i live alone, am trying to start a diet and love cheesecake :).  I baked my cheesecake an 8x3 cakepan for about 50 minutes and had no problems with it setting up.  I formed the ball the next day, inserted the sticks and put the tray in the freezer.  I just have to say that 2oz seemed like alot.  The pops seemed quite huge compared to the sticks.  I had a few spoonfuls of cheesecake left over so i had to eat.  Wow, this is one of the richest, creamiest cheesecakes i have ever eaten.
  
The next day i started dipping.  I used colored candy melts along with regular chocolate to coat the pops.  Then i dipped them.  The pic you see show the following
  • coconut
  • graham cracker
  • yellow sprinkles
  • halloween sprinkles
  • valentine sprinkles
  • green sanding sugar
  • cinnamon
  • crushed peppermint
  • candied ginger
I had some problems with the sticks coming loose but it mostly went ok.  Since the cheesecake was coming straight from the freezer, when i used the candy melts they would become solid before i could finish dipping them, so i had to work really quick with those.  I wish i could have gotten them more round/smoother but I still think they look great.

My only regret is that I wish i would have made the entire recipe, this way i could have tried more flavor and decoration combinations.

11 comments:

Christine said...

Your cheesecake pops look delicious! I love all the decorations that you did!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Very cute cheesecake lollipops. After seeing all the creations out there today, I would love to make another batch. Great job!

Di said...

Wow, that's a lot of different toppings! They look great.

aisha said...

Very nice work! i love the kaleidoscope of colors!

Jenny said...

I really like the idea of the candied ginger, that would really cut back on the sweetness of the cheesecake. I haven't seen that before!

Mehgan said...

Wow, you've got so much variety there! They all look so yummy!

Deborah said...

Your pops look great! I love all of the different flavors and decorations!

Barbara said...

I thought 2 oz was a bit too big as well so I made mine 1 oz balls instead and they were just right.

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a great job on your pops!

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

Texana said...

How pretty! Looks like a party to me!

Jacque said...

Mmm, I'll bet the candied ginger tasted good. Plus that green one is cool!