About Me

My Photo
Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts
NYC, New York, United States
Owner and Head Cake Designer of Avenue Z Desserts, a custom cake and confections boutique in NYC.
View my complete profile
Photos, Original Recipes & Text © Avenue Z Desserts 2010, unless otherwise indicated. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Donut Cake

I had soooo much fun making this cake. After researching donut cakes online I found a quick video on youtube by UrbanSweetsLA. I started off with a 10”x4” round vanilla cake, which was filled and coated with Vanilla SMBC. I then carved the cake to resemble a donut shape.


I then mixed white and chocolate fondant together to make the “donut” color (it’s a little darker than I would have liked) and covered the cake.



Pink fondant “frosting”

For presentation purposes I stopped by my local Dunkin Donuts to get a box ($.50), I think this added a better touch than just a decorated cakeboard.

The final cake!

-Zakia





3 comments:

g. said...

Adorable!

Rachel said...

That is awesome! Nice work!

Emiy said...

Totally revealing my utter love for doughnuts by making the following comment, but this is one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen. :) So fun! So real! So makes me want to eat it. ;)